Bohemia, New York
Vincent T. Pallaci is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell. The AV Preeminent rating is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
Vincent T. Pallaci is the firm’s managing member and focuses his practice on complex construction, business and insurance litigation. Mr. Pallaci represents general contractors, developers, subcontractors, owners, construction managers, architects and engineers in a wide variety of disputes including defective construction, excavation and property damage litigation, delay, scope of work disputes, mechanic’s lien foreclosure and defense, defense of OSHA violations, ECB violations, construction license agreements, Labor Law claims and employment claims. He has successfully represented clients in arbitration and mediation as well as State and Federal litigation. Mr. Pallaci’s clients have ranged from small locally owned businesses to nationally and internationally known members of the Fortune 1000 and S&P 500.
Mr. Pallaci holds the highest possible “AV Preeminent” rating from Martindale Hubble, is recognized as a “Top Construction Attorney” by AVVO and has been recognized as a “rising star” by Super Lawyers magazine every year since 2012.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Pallaci is a former Chairman of the Nassau County Bar Association’s Construction Law Committee and has lectured and written more than 100 articles on construction law topics, including strategies for mitigating and avoiding loss and effective payment recovery options.
U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court Western District of New York
J.D., New York Law School
B.A., State University of New York at Buffalo
Professional Associations and Memberships:
New York State Bar Association
Suffolk County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Nassau County Bar Association
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Payment Issues in Municipal Construction (Presented to National Electrical Contractors Association)
- Construction Change Orders: Minimize Risk and Maximize Efficiency (Presented to New York State Association of Towns Annual Meeting)
- Understanding Construction Law: Minimize Risk and Maximize Profit (Presented to National Electrical Contractors Association)
- Issues in Adjacent Property Construction (Presented to Nassau County Bar Association Construction Law Committee)
- Insurance Considerations for the Construction Industry (Presented to Nassau County Bar Association)
- Stop Work Orders, RPAPL 881 Applications and License Agreements (Presented at Lorman Education Conference titled “Mitigation of Damages to Structures Adjacent to Construction Sites in Urban Environments”)
Selected Written Works
- 50 State Lien Law Handbook – contributing author (American Bar Association)
- In Order to Avoid Problems During Construction, It is Critical to Keep Open Lines of Communication (New York Real Estate Journal)
- Challenging the Building Department’s Permit Determination in Court (NYCLA Construction Law Journal)
- How to Maintain Proper Lien Law Trust Records in Order to Avoid Liability (Cornerstone Magazine)
- Construction Collapses: Responding to the Emergency from a Legal Standpoint (New York Construction Law Update)
- The Mechanic’s Lien Discharge Bond: What it is and what it does (New York Real Estate Journal)
- All Lien Releases Are Not Created Equal: Take time to understand their differences (New York Real Estate Journal)
- Arbitration in Construction and Development Contracts: Prudence or Pitfall? (New York Real Estate Journal)